Red lentil pasta with creamy cashew nut sauce and eggplant
- 1 Eggplant
- Olive oil
- 1 cup cashew nuts (unsalted)
- ¾ cup water (extra for soaking the nuts)
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups spinach
- Handful of basil – chopped
- 1 box of Happy Earth People red lentil pasta
- Soak the cashew nuts in water for 2 hours
- Slice the eggplant, rub with olive oil and season with salt & pepper. Place in oven (180 degrees) Grill till soft and starting to brown (about 30min)
- To make the sauce: Place the cashew nuts, water, garlic, and pinch of salt in a blender and blend till smooth.
- Add the sauce to a pan and add the spinach – heat through.
- Cook lentil pasta as per directions on the box. Drain once cooked and add to sauce. Gently stir in the sauce. Add the basil and give it one last stir.
- Add pasta and sauce to your plate, top with the grilled eggplant.
- Season to taste.