Apple Oat Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour OR rolled oats processed in a food processor into a flour consistency
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk (non dairy milk, for dairy-free)
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup neutral oil (sunflower, vegetable or grapeseed)
- 1 cup grated apple
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Line a 12 cup muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oat flour, oats, nutmeg, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, mix together the milk, egg, maple syrup, and vanilla, then gradually whisk in the oil.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until smooth.
- Allow to sit for 10 minutes while the oats rehydrate.
- Meanwhile, dice the apple.
- After 10 minutes, gently fold in the apple to the batter. Then use a 1/4 cup measure to spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tin.
- Makes about 12
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until puffed and golden